Dec 17, 2013

Showing boot error : USB boot

Yesterday I was trying to boot my Sony Vaio laptop by USB which already has windows 7 Home Basic. The USB containing Ubuntu 12.04 , I  made it bootable by using software pendrivelinux. I have booted it many times by using my moserbaer pendrive but this time I was using Sandisk pendrive due to unavailablity of that pendrive.

I changed the boot order in BIOS, put removeable disk at first preference. when I restarted the system was showing 'boot error'. I thought may be it is due to some fault in making pendrive bootable. and I made it bootable again, still it was showing 'boot error'.


I don't know why this problem is coming. I googled this problem and saw in many forums and I got one Solution. Go to BIOS Setting and search for 'USB Mass Storage Emulation Type' option under All Removable. Change it to Auto. it will work.

I searched it in BIOS but I was unable to find it in my BIOS setting. then I decided to make bootable dvd. I made it and this is working if some body finds the solution related to usb boot error please inform me.

Tags : boot error while booting with usb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always want a feedback related with this blog. If you encounter any problem. Kindly mail via Contact Us form. If this post helped you then share this page to your friends. Thanks for Visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...