Sep 1, 2012

My Experience with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is released previously with a lot of new features and removing some features. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in laptop.  I faced a lot of problems with it because of non availability of startup manager in this. I used some new applications which were good.

You also can download Ubuntu 12.04 from it’s official website and install by using cd or Pen drive.


I faced problem in Wifi adapter because it was not detecting my wifi adapter then I googled it and solved this prolem by using ‘rfkill unblock all’ command in Terminal. And you can know the status by ‘rfkill list all’ command.

There was a good option for giving static ip address in which I gave manually ip address , netmask , dns and it worked fully.

I also faced problem in login in root in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I searched then found a command 
sudo passwd root
sudo sh -c 'echo "greeter-show-manual-login=true" >> /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf'

I copied and pasted the above command in terminal and restarted the system then there was an option for entering User Name and password. I used User Name ‘root’ and Password whatever I used before for system login.

and if you want to remove that User Name and Password option from there then use this command

sudo passwd root
sudo sh -c 'echo "greeter-show-manual-login=false" >> /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf'

and restart your system.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always want a feedback related with this blog. If you encounter any problem. Kindly mail via Contact Us form. If this post helped you then share this page to your friends. Thanks for Visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...